- – Smallest direct LiPo powered VTx in the business.
- – TNR Touch-free wand control
- – Traditional button + LED control of frequency and power
- – 1mW -> 600mW linear power control
- – All 40 standard channels
- – Built-in thermal protection
- – Factory power normalization
- – Glitch-Free frequency changes
- – Micro-power pit mode
- – Additional channels for race events (Race Wand only)
- – Retail regional locking without opening package
Touch ‘n’ Race for Race Directors
Transmitters are placed in Race mode upon arrival at a race event, and remain in that mode until the event is over. Race directors can, without powering up a model, define the frequency and power output of the transmitter, in 5 seconds flat before a race starts. As soon as the race is over, and the battery disconnected, the TrampHV reverts to it’s race-director defined mode. Massively decreased inter-heat times are possible with this technology, meaning more practice runs, more qualifiers, and races which start and finish on-time (a rarity in the world of drone racing today). More importantly, the chances of a race being disrupted by an accidental power-up in the pits are eliminated, a dream for race organizers.
Touch ‘n’ Race for Pilots
Screened for Protection, and Certification
We Know Racing!
Creators of the ubiquitous RaceBand, and involved in providing technology for some of the largest racing events to date, we have poured significant resources into racing, and more importantly, learned from these events. Our employees race, we ‘eat our own dogfood’, and we will continue to advance the state of the art.
- – Dimensions: L=32mm x W=14mm x H=5mm
- – Weight: 4g (Tx only, without SMA cable)
- – Power Output: Programmable, 1mW to > 600mW
- – Channels: 48 standard, arbitrary using race wand
- – RF Impedance: 50 ohms
- – RF Connector: U.FL
- – AV Connector: JST-GH, 6 pin, locking
- – TNR Connector: JST-GH, 4 pin, locking
- – Audio: Mono, Subcarriers on 6.0 and 6.5MHz (cloned)
- – Modulation: FM, Audio and Video
- – Pit Frequency: User/Race Organizer Definable
- – Video Impedance: 75 ohms
- – Power Requirements: 2s-4s HV Lipo
- – Power Consumption: ~4W max. @ 600mW, ~1.9W @ 200mW
The Tramp 5.8Ghz VTX shows it’s full potential in racing conditions. While many people who do not participate in racing do not realize, in race conditions, video interference kicked out many pilots from the air / race because somebody else behind the flight-line turned on a video transmitter. This is quite unfortunate and with the Tramp/TNR Wand combination it could be the thing of the past. When you go to a race, the race director will touch your Tramp with the TNR wand and that will put your Tramp transmitter into Race mode. In this mode even if you apply power to the quad/Tramp VTX, the power output will be minimal – down to under 1mW – which will allow you to troubleshoot in the pit even if you power it up. The low power output will prevent the transmitter from interfering with anybody else in the area – because your signal output is so low, that it will barely leave the table you are working on.
Once you line up for the race, the race director will touch your Tramp again, this time assigning you the correct race power setting, band setting and channel setting. When you power your Tramp on, these settings will be in effect for the duration of the race. When you finished your race and you powered your quad racer down, the tramp will go back into pit mode.
The beauty of this solution is that the Pit mode settings are completely defined by the race director. This can be defined on a frequency which is not even used at the race, to allow a bit more power output for pit operations. This started to already redefine the safety around race events. The past few events which used the Tramp in conjunction with the TNR wand were faster, more eventful and the downtime was minimized allowing pilots to fly more often.
An unboxing video of the ImmersionRC’s TNR Wand can be found on our YouTube Channel. To Subscribe to our YouTube channel please click here. Alternately you can watch the video embedded in this post below:
We strongly recommend these products even for those groups which are racing together weekly in city parks. These will make your live way easier and will allow you to fly more often.