Whether you are FPV racing or not, FPV flying or just simple RC flying from the ground, the Mobius HD Action Camera is one of the best choices to record the video of the action. A little while ago the GoPro’s ruled the market and if you wanted to record video on-board you had to carry a GoPro camera with you. While with each of the generations the GoPro quality undeniably got better and better, providing stunning action shots, alongside of that the Mobius HD action camera slowly gained market ground as well, due to its small size and also stunning video recording quality.
Compared to any GoPro camera, the Mobius is usually less than half of the size. Indeed the lens is not as sophisticated as the GoPro has, but they have done an excellent job of providing standard or wide angle lens versions, to fit the needs of all kinds.
Measuring only 1 3/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 3/4″ inches (35 x 63.5 x 19mm) and weighing only 1.4 ounces (40 grams), this camera can easily fit in any pocket, but press record and you will capture stunning 1080 HD video quality normally only found on devices 5 times the size.
At the moment, there are 2 different options available from our web-store:
Through the configuration software there are several features which can be set or changed on a Mobius camera:
- 1080P 30FPS or 720p 60FPS recordings
- 80 minutes battery life on a full charge
- Records in loop or can be used as a camera for taking time lapse images
- Compatible with up to 32GB SD Card
The operation of the camera is done through three buttons. Very easy, but can be very confusing for those who do not like to read manuals. See below the quick color codes of the LED on the Mobius camera:
- Yellow LED solid – The camera is in mode 1 and is on standby
- Yellow LED flashes – The camera is in mode 1 and recording video in 1080p 30FPS.
- Blue LED solid – The camera is in mode 2 and is on standby.
- Blue LED flashes – The camera is in mode 2 and recording video in 720p 60FPS.
- Red LED solid – The camera is in picture mode
- Red LED flashes once – The camera has taken a picture
- Green LED is solid – The battery is charging
While it is obvious, let me spell it out, the Power button is used to tur the camera on or off. The mode button will allow selection between the two predefined recording modes (this can be set in the configuration software available by clicking here). The Shutter button will start/stop the recording.
The configuration software is pretty self explanatory, while it seems like there are lots of options, it is still very easy and needs no manual:
If you are still not convinced, see a video comparing the performance of the Mobius HD with the GoPro silver below:
The Mobius was added to our web-store in September 2015. Please click here to purchase it from us.
We also have Mobius FPV cables ready made, just plug it in and go. You can find the accessories also on the above page.