A Sky Surfer FPV pod that uses a custom mechanism allowing for full 180 degree (+/- 90 degree) panning without the need for any modifications to a servo or without the need for a servo stretcher. A full 360 degree pan (+/- 180 degrees) is possible with the addition of an NG Hobbies SSV3.5 servo stretcher (option below).
The pods are supplied with quality HXT900 or TG9e servos. For better resistance to crash damage, and for better tolerance of 900MHz video systems, HS-65HB servos are reccomanded.
The pod is attached to the Sky Surfer by a combination of the tabs at the front of the pod and strong rare-earth magnets (included) at the back of the pod.
Comes with a mounting plate that will fit many popular FPV cameras including: KX131, KX171, KX191, IF Cam, SN777, SN555 and many others
Additional back plates may be purchased to fit IF OSD Cam, DPC OSD Cam, DX201
Note: careful routing of camera wiring is required to prevent binding during 180 degree or 360 degree operation.
This kit will include*:
- Laser cut components for the main pod
- Laser cut components and hardware for the 180 degree pan module
- Two 9g Servos
- Two rare-earth magnets
- A single back plate and hinge/control arm for your camera (choose below)
You'll need to supply:
- Double sided servo tape to apply TX, camera, and tilt servo.
- Pull-ties to hold TX against tape and for holding your wiring down.
- Medium CA
- 5 minute epoxy
Instructions to build the pan and tilt: Coming Soon
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 25 November, 2010.