Remzibi's OSD is an On-Screen-Display unit that is used along with a video transmitter and video receiver on First-Person-View setups for Remote Control planes.
First-Person-View gives you a view from inside the cockpit of the R/C plane. If you connect video goggles or a monitor/TV to the output of the Video Receiver, you can actually see as if you were sitting inside the plane.
Here's where Remzibi's OSD comes into play. The OSD is connected between the video camera and the video transmitter and adds information using a video overlay processor on to the video image. It's somewhat similar to watching CNN where they have the text scrolling along the bottom of the screen... or any network show you watch will frequently have their station logo at the bottom right. This is an overlay. It's adding information to the picture displayed by the camera.
Remzibi's OSD board uses a GPS module to capture information like heading, speed, altitude and lat/long coordinates. In addition, it uses an ATMEL processor to capture information like battery voltage (video and main/motor) and other functions like Variometer which shows up and down changes in altitude. All of this information is updated in real-time and placed over the camera's picture and fed into the Video Transmitter, sent back to the ground where it is captured by the Video Receiver and then output to goggles or a monitor where you (the R/C pilot) sees the camera video with the overlayed data.
- Supply power requirement: 7V-14V (ie: 2S or 3S Lipo)
- Video voltage measurment range 0-15V
- Engine(ENG) voltage measurment range 0-30V
- General purpose ADC measurment - Build your own or use off the shelf components for many advanced readings - ie. Temperature, Amps, Air Speed, Prop Speed, RSSI, etc.
- Video signals - standard PAL or NTSC
- GPS - any GPS 5V supply with NMEA protocol with TLL standard TX RX signals (however best results and advantages are with dedicated GPS module working 5Hz update position)
- Weight : 16 gram (OSD + dedicated GPS)
- Printed OSD board size 20mmx45mm (0.78"x1.77")
- PC connection for configuration/calibration purposes using dedicated PC program
- No need for a free channel on your receiver for OSD to function
- GPS detection and configuration automaticaly
- Home autosave function configurable based on number of satelites - button "save home" works independently
- Metric(km/h) or feet(MPH) units - configurable
- Zero altitude to airfield level - configurable
- Fully configurable screen layout (no more cropped off data around the screen border like some other OSD's)
- Graphical symbols and fonts configurable (Font editor for creating your own symbols and characters)
- Voltages calibration function and all ADC inputs including alarms
- Frequency calibration for Hz or RPM (gain definable)
- PC configuration software includes GPS emulator for testing and setup purposes.
- Language Editor - Currently available in English, Polish and French. Simple to use langauge editor can be used to translate to any other language.
- Save home position (short click)
- Video mode change (NTSC or PAL) press and hold button for about 1 second
- Programming mode (pressed when conecting to power) for PC communication
Information currently available on the OSD (additional hardware may be required):
- Latitude (format DDMM.MMMM or DD.DDDDDD can be choosen)
- Longitude (format DDMM.MMMM or DD.DDDDDD can be choosen)
- Speed (k/m or miles/h can be choosen)
- Altitude (meters or feet)
- Direction home arrow (animated arrow or user definable)
- Distance home (meters or feet)
- Satelite quantity (GPS signal quality)
- Heading (0º to 359º)
- Video battery voltage (individually scaled and calibrated)
- Main (Engine) battery voltage (individually scaled and calibrated)
- Virtual ADC which keeps a running total for use with battery MAH consumption
- Flight timer
- Variometer (meters/s or feet/s)
- UTC Time - UTC Date - Alarms for distance, ADC, atitude, battery voltages (individually scaled and calibrated)
- 32 static displayed independent graphical-character symbols, configurable
- Summary screen - after detection 0 speed for configurable X seconds, shows max values for altitude, distance, speed (function can be disabled)
- 6 ADC channels to use with any additional sensors, each can be individually calibrated and have an alarm set, cooperates with any additional sensors (optionaly scaled by opamp or resistor dividers) with analog output (RSSI, air pressure, current sensor, temperature or anything else with an analog output) - display format as 123 or 123.4 can be chosen
- Frequency meter (RCl input resistor need 220-515ohm or T0 in new board) - can be scaled for any units by gain as Hz or RPM, cooperate with magnetic(halotron) or optical sensor - or can be used as frames counter when connected to RX output directly
Documentation: English Documentation
Software: Click here
Support forum: Click here, or another one on RC Groups
The content of the whole package is photographed below.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 04 February, 2010.